Some of the Risks of Investing in the Fund:
An investment in the Fund is speculative with a substantial risk of loss. Investors should consider their investment goals, time horizons and risk tolerance before investing in the Fund. An investment in the Fund is not appropriate for all investors, and the Fund is not intended to be a complete investment program. See “Risk Factors” within the Prospectus (link here) to read about the risks you should consider before buying the Fund’s Shares.
The Fund is newly organized, and its Shares are not listed on any securities exchange and no market for the Shares exists or is expected to develop. In addition, the Fund’s investments in Solar Assets will primarily be investments in Solar Loans and other alternative lending-related securities, which have special risks as described in more detail with the Prospectus (link here).
Before investing, you should read the Fund’s Prospectus regarding the Fund’s risks. These risks include, but are not limited to, those outlined below:
- An investment in the Fund is not suitable for investors who need certainty about their ability to access all of the money they invest in the short term. You may not have access to the money you invest for an extended period of time.
- The Fund has implemented a Share repurchase program, however, the Fund is not required to repurchase more than 5% of its outstanding Shares each quarter. Shares will not be redeemable at a Shareholder’s option nor will they be exchangeable for Shares of any other fund. Investors should therefore consider Shares of the Fund to be an illiquid investment. You should not expect to be able to sell your Shares (other than through the repurchase process), regardless of how the Fund performs.
- Because you will be unable to sell your Shares at the time of your choosing or have them repurchased immediately, you will find it difficult to reduce your exposure on a timely basis during market volatility.
- Although the Fund is not permitted to invest in loans that are of subprime quality at the time of investment, an investment in the Fund’s Shares should be considered speculative and involving a substantial degree of risk, including the risk of loss of investment. There can be no assurance that payments due on loans or other alternative lending-related securities in which the Fund will invest will be made.
- At any given time, the Fund’s portfolio may be substantially illiquid and subject to increased credit and default risk. The Shares therefore should be purchased only by investors who could afford the loss of the entire amount of their investment.
- The Fund intends to accrue and declare dividends daily and distribute them on a quarterly basis; however, the amount of distributions that the Fund may pay, if any, is uncertain. The Fund may pay distributions in significant part from sources that may not be available in the future and that are unrelated to the Fund’s performance, such as from offering proceeds, and borrowings. A portion or all of any distribution of the Fund may consist of a return of capital and may result in potentially adverse tax consequences to the Fund or its shareholders.
- The Fund’s distribution policy could result in a return of capital, resulting in less of a shareholder’s assets being invested in the Fund and, over time, potentially causing the Fund’s expense ratio to increase.
- The distribution policy also may cause the Fund to sell a security at a time it would not otherwise do so.
- If the borrower of the loan or other alternative lending-related security in which the Fund invests is unable to make its payments on a loan, the Fund may be greatly limited in its ability to recover any outstanding principal and interest due under such loan, as (among other reasons) the Fund may not have direct recourse against the borrower or may otherwise be limited in its ability to directly enforce its rights under the loan, whether through the borrower or the platform through which such loan was originated, the loan may be unsecured or undercollateralized, and/or it may be impracticable to commence a legal proceeding against the defaulting borrower.
- Substantially all of the Solar Assets in which the Fund invests will not be guaranteed or insured by a third party or will not be backed by any governmental authority.
- Prospective borrowers supply a variety of information regarding income, occupation and employment status (as applicable) to the alternative lending platforms that may originate or source loans. As a general matter, platforms do not verify the majority of this information, which may be incomplete, inaccurate, false or misleading. Prospective borrowers may misrepresent any of the information they provide to the platforms.
- Under the 1940 Act, the Fund may utilize leverage through the issuance of preferred stock in an amount up to 50% of its total assets and/or through borrowings and/or the issuance of notes or debt securities in an aggregate amount of up to 33 1/3% of its total assets which could magnify losses as well as gains.. There can be no assurance that any leveraging strategy the Fund employs will be successful during any period in which it is employed.
Neither the SEC nor any state securities commission has approved or disapproved of these securities or determined if this Prospectus is truthful or complete. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense.
The Finite Solar Finance Fund is distributed by Foreside Fund Services, LLC. Finite Management, LLC and Foreside Fund Services, LLC are not affiliated.
Finite Corporation (“Finite” or the “Firm”) is an SEC registered investment adviser. Finite’s website, www.finite.io, is intended solely to provide general information about the Firm, its services, and its people. Finite does not intend to solicit or make its services available to the general public. Under no circumstances should any information provided on this website be construed as an offer to buy or sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, any private fund interests or to participate in any trading or investment strategy. Any offer of interests will be made separately and only to qualified offerees pursuant to a definitive private placement memorandum.
Any opinions expressed in this website reflect Finite’s current views only. While taken from sources deemed to be accurate, Finite makes no representations about the accuracy of the information or its appropriateness for a given situation. The discussions and opinions expressed herein are not intended to provide investment, accounting, tax, or legal advice. The content of this website is presented on an “as is” basis with no warranties, express or implied, of any kind with respect to the website.
Past results of Finite’s investment strategies are not necessarily indicative of future results.